Air spring, with plastic piston
Suitable for: Renault, Volvo
Note: Accessories are listed on the respective article detail page in the Partner Portal.
Tips & Tricks
Attention must be paid to the specified mounting torque of the screws and the compressed air hose. Otherwise, the resulting vibrations could cause the screw connections to loosen or, in extreme cases, to tear away.
Furthermore, the compressed air hose must not be kinked or damaged. Particular care must be taken when laying the cables.
In order to avoid damage to the material of the spring, there may not be any foreign objects in the working area of the air spring.
After replacement of the air spring, we recommend a calibration to ensure an optimal driving level.
Construction of the air spring
- The spring is comprised of a mixture of natural rubber (NR) and butadiene rubber (BR)
- Flanged plate for securing the air spring to the vehicle frame
- Plastic pistons for the connection between air spring and axle
- The hollow spring serves as a buffer for limitation of spring compression and ensures emergency running properties.
- Textile inlays (PA66)
- Steel wire core
- Standardized air and mounting Connections