Steering Column Switches
Suitable for: trucks and buses
Alongside controlling the indicator lamps, modern DT® Spare Parts brand steering column switches also perform the following additional functions:
- Warning indicator function
- Dimming function
- Windscreen wiper function with several adjustable intervals
- Horn function
- Cruise control
DT® steering column switches are characterised by the following characteristics:
- Lever made of sturdy aluminium, steel tube or plastic with durable lever bearing due to the oversized bearing block.
- The shape of the rivet head and the design of the rivet join that correspond with the regulations of joining techniques.
- Micro-switches that are extremely suitable for switching both high and very low currents due to the construction with silver-plated contacts.
- Precisely fitted plastic base with professionally crimped plug connectors. The plug connectors are nickel-plated or silver-plated for low contact resistance and to protect against oxidisation.
- The highly flexible halogen-free cables are designed with a 0.5 - 1.5 mm² oversized cable diameter according to the electrical load, in order to guarantee optimum operational safety.
- Extremely strong solder joins with the exclusive use of leadfree solder. Only tin, silver or copper alloys are used in order to fulfil the specifications of the RoHS directive 2002/95/EC (RoHS = Restriction of hazardous substances). A soldering flux is used in order to prevent oxidation around the soldered area.
- The use of high-quality printed circuit boards made of glass fibre reinforced epoxy resin instead of lower quality phenol resin/paper boards. The use of smaller sized SMD components (Surface Mounted Device) allow automatic production in order to aim for improved reliability of the product.